HDC® Mark II is both a non-damaging stimulation fluid and a powerful descaler that dissolves barite, CaC03, several drilling fluid additives. together with magnesium. strontium, calcium, and barium sulfate scales. HDC® Mark II is a single phase, alkaline (pH +/-12.5) chemical that is non-corrosive, environmentally benign, and produces no precipitate by-products. It is inorganic so has no known temperature limits, is inhibitive to clays and has a tendency to de-emulsify. HDC® Mark II is also unique in that it works significantly faster at a higher capacity than any known competitive products. HDC® Mark II works in both oil based and water based mud systems so that it removes oil based and water based mud filter cake in open holes and perforations. HDC® Mark II also contains an iron sequestrant to dissolve any iron compounds a common contaminant in field grade barite. Used as a completion brine or as an additive to brines or neat as specially formulated. Due to HDC® Mark II, it is used in a variety of applications:
1. Recover under-performing, damaged wells as a non-damaging stimulation fluid.
2. Dissolve filtercake behind screens and gravel packs.
3. Dissolve a wide variety of scales in perforations, tubing, pipelines, ESP’s, etc.
4. Free differentially stuck pipe.
5. Used as an ideal perforation fluid.
• A chelating agent.
• Dissolves barite, calcium carbonate, strontium sulphate. and calcium sulphate.
• Alkaline solution (pH-12.5) and 1.31 SG.
• Gold rated in the UK CHARM system.
• Environmentally benign.
• Safe to handle.
• Non corrosive.
• Tends to de-emulsify.
• Inhibitive to clays.
• Non formation damaging.
Physical and Chemical Properties
|Appearance||Liquid Light Amber|
|Flash Point||No Data Available|
|Solubility in Water||Soluble|
|Specific Gravity (@20°C)||1.30±0.05|
Supplied in 200 liter plastic drums or 1000 liter plastic IBC containers.
Shelf life is dependent on storage conditions but is estimated to be between 3 and 4 years at 20°C or between 2 to 3 years if stored above this temperature.